Available records from Club industry which is a site meant for fitness business professionals indicate that over 2 billion dollars is spent yearly by Americans in buying treadmills and this makes the treadmills a very popular exercise machine among other types. The treadmill is a machine that aids workout indoors and they provide great workout, even when the user does not have sufficient skill or coordination they can make use of the installed exercise programs that were designed by certified personal trainers.
Features of Treadmills
The treadmill possesses certain features that enable the user to effectively workout with less stress and also with added convenience. Check out some of the features that makes the use of a treadmill a very good alternative;
- The treadmill has a ramp or a belt which serves as a platform where you can walk, run or jog at different speeds which ranges to 1mph to 15mph and this range depends on the model
- They have an adjustable incline which can be adjusted from 0percent to 15percent and there are some models that enables the user to climb as much as 30% grade
- Several treadmills gives you the option of programming your age and weight to help you calculate the calories that was burned in the course of the exercise
Benefits of Treadmill Workouts
There are many health benefits that you get from using a treadmill and apart from the health benefits there are other benefits that you get when you use treadmills.
- Treadmills offer you more convenience when you work out since you can avoid certain weather conditions which might affect workout outside the house. There is also an opportunity to multi-task while having a workout indoors which you may not be able to do while running outside
- The use of treadmills helps you to burn off much calories with an inbuilt calorie estimate counter, you can easily track the amount of calorie that you burned during the workout
- With a regular use of the treadmill, the risk of certain diseases like type 2 diabetes and depression can be reduced greatly and it helps people with insomnia
- Frequent use of the treadmill helps to keep your joints flexible, since workouts are moderate-intensity exercises, they are suitable for people with arthritis to help reduce the pain of the strides because of the shock absorbing qualities of the belt
- You can maintain your musculoskeletal strength and also tone when you workout with the treadmills, the musculoskeletal system includes your bones, tendons, ligaments, joints and muscles
Facts to Consider when Buying a Treadmill
- Consider the motor and ensure that the motor has a good cooling system and is not very noisy
- You can check the features like calorie counter, access to music, television and internet. Always select a machine that has features that will benefit you most
- Ensure that the treadmill has a good shock absorbing system
- Look out for easy navigation on the console
The US Department of Health and Human Services has actually recommended that people should have a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercises weekly and this kind of exercise includes walking, jogging and running. You can achieve this record with much convenience using treadmill workouts.