What is inversion table? It is part of the equipment used during inversion therapy. It is actually the main equipment used for this therapy. The inversion therapy is intended to achieve spinal traction and spinal decompression. The end user lies flat on the table and the table is inverted or allowed to hang at an angle. The individual hangs by the feet, ankles or legs.
The therapeutic effect is not in doubt in the least. This inversion motion helps to release pressure on the vertebra column and helps to reset the column to ensure a complete assuaging of any pain felt in that region of the body. This method had been used for relieving back pain on several occasions and it is still working today.
Why it stands out
You can decide to buy the inversion table for personal use at home and use it as instrument for relieving your back pains. The tables are generally flat and they come with knobs that permit easy adjustment of position. Its position can be changed from upright to horizontal and to complete upside down position. This compete control feature makes the inversion table more useful for this purpose.
You can choose any inversion angle you want with the in version table. You can decide to be inverted by 15 degree to the horizontal or any other angle for that matter. Such smaller angles will reduce amount of strain on your joints, knees, ankles and feet.
Benefits of inversion table
Inversion table has loads of benefits and some of them are highlighted below
- It is helpful in spinal traction
- It stimulates blood circulation
- It helps in relieving back pain.
- It helps with spinal decompression
- It helps with muscle toning
- It improves on flexibility
- It improves on joint health
- And lost more.
There are many types of inversion tables out there today and they differ in quality, one from the other. The inversion tables reviews given below will link you up with the best among them to enable you make your choice right when you are buying.
Teeter inversion table
This particular one is a back stretcher and can help get your back stretched to relieve pains. It can also help to improve on your joint health. It is able to increase how flexible you are and also help in toning your muscle. It is the best to enhance that fitness program of yours and it is also best for targeting any back pain. Some of its features are highlighted below:
- It is built to help maximize spinal comfort thanks to the ComnforTrak Bed built into it
- It is able to accommodate Lumbar Bridge and Acupressure Nodes Accessories thanks to its Innovative Track
- Stretching is enhanced thank to the Inversion Grips that are integrated right into the steel frame and the bed.
- Each unit comes with 5 years warranty and it can handle up to 300 pounds. It is equally the best for a maximum human height of 6.6 feet.
- Each unit comes with healthy Back Routines packaged in a DVD.
Ironman gravity 4000 inversion table
This is yet another very important inversion table and it is highly durable. It comes with nylon back rest and also 3 adjustments to enable different angles. It equally features a no-skid stabilizer on the floor to ensure it does not move from a spot while inclined or inverted. The steel frame is tubular in nature and it does not scratch easily. Some of its other features are highlighted below:
- It can bear up to 300 pounds of weight
- It can bear maximum of 6 feet 6 inches human height
- The steel frame is highly durable
- The safety handle is extra long
- It is able to do anything you have in mind.
- It can be easily folded to permit easy storage
- It comes with ankle cushions, which are ergonomically molded.
- It is able to invert by up to 180 degrees
- The table is sturdy and useful for stimulating blood circulation and relieving back rest
- Each unit weighs 58 pounds.
- It is designed for both male and female adults.
Do inversion tables work?
Inversion table helps in inverting the human body and this relieves pressure on the vertebra column. The reduction in pressure helps to rest the column and also relative pain in that area. They have been proved to work actually. They are far better than Gravity Boot, which is more aggressive and it is not as easily adjustable as the inversion table. The table is designed to enable the end user choose any comfortable angle of inversion.
While using the inversion table anyway, the individual needs to be very carful especially if the person has certain health conditions like eye diseases, high blood pressure, heart disease or pregnancy. Anyone with any of the above mentioned health condition must first consult his or her doctor before ever using the inversion table for inversion therapy.
If you are also having esophageal reflux disease, you also need to be careful how you use the inversion table. If not, you may end you with nausea. Make sure also that someone is standing close to you if you are using the inversion table for the very first time. The effect of gravity may make you feel uneasy and uncomfortable the first time. You will also need someone to support you in order to be able to stand up from the apparatus the first time.
How to buy your inversion table
Many outlets are selling the inversion table out there today. Practically all of them have online presence. As a result, you can link up with them online and set the ball rolling without any delay. Many of them offer free home delivery too and they can help get the machine down home without any extra charge on you. Many of the outlets can also help with the installation.
One outlet you should consider patronizing is none other than Costco. If the truth must be told, they are among the leading outlets selling the inversion tables and they can sell to you at highly discounted rate. They also offer top customer service and free home delivery.